When using the RC8A Safe motion controller, there is a large collection of features that are all enabled upon power-up. It is not necessary to use all of them and you have the option of disabling them.
To disable specific features of the safe motion controller, follow the procedure below.
- Open the Safety Parameters in your Safe Motion WinCAPS project
- Project > Parameter > Safety
- Select the functions you wish to alter the state of and change the parameter from 1 to 0, thus disabling the function.
- After disabling the functions, click OK
- Save the Project.
- Send the project safety parameters (Parameters > Safety in the drop-downs) to the controller via Connect > Transfer Data
- Power cycle the controller
- The next step is to send the safety parameters again using the RC8A Safety Parameter Send tool. This is installed with WinCAPS and can be found in the Start menu under Denso Robotics.
- Open the RC8A Safety Parameter Send Tool.
- Go to File, Open Project, and Open the project in question.
- Once the project is open, you'll want to send the safety parameters to the project.
- Choose Connect > Send parameter
- Input your controller's IP address, and click OK to send the parameters.
- Once complete, you'll see a confirmation message on your teach pendant.
- Power cycle the controller and you will be good to go with the new safety parameter settings.