If error of number in 85404670s occurs when the encoder backup batteries are dead or motors are replaced (if position data in encoder is erased), it is necessary to reset the encoder and perform CALSET. Ignoring this will disable normal operation of the robot.
Cases when encoder must be reset
|No.||Cases when reset is necessary||Specific phenomena|
|1||Voltage supplied from backup to motor encoder connectors is shut off||(1) After motor is replaced, error of number in 85404670s (encoder system down error) occurs.|
(2) After internal wiring is checked, error of number in 85404670s occurs.
(3) When encoder backup batteries are dead.
(4) Error of number 85404690s (encoder counter overflow) occurs.
|2||The motor speed exceeds the allowable value||Error of number 85404690s (encoder counter overflow) occurs.|
|3||Each axis motor operates abruptly with control power OFF.||Error of number 85404680s (encoder speed error with controller power OFF) occurs.|
Tools and Parts needed
Full size Teach Pendant to follow this menus.
- 410100-1761 - Teach Pendant (4m) (RC7/8)
- 410100-1771 - Teach Pendant (8m) (RC7/8)
- 410100-1781 - Teach Pendant (12m) (RC7/8)