There is some preparation required in order to use your DENSO robot and controller. Here is some information that you should know before setup.
1. Register to DENSO Robotics’ global website. This will give you access to the online owner’s manual sets as well as software downloads and other useful information. Also, feel free to register any software purchased from DENSO Robotics.
2. The DENSO robot does not come with any hand tooling. It is up to the customer to design and fabricate appropriate tooling for their application and that corresponds to the tooling design guidelines for their specific robot arm.
3. The customer must supply appropriate safe guarding for the robot. A risk assessment must be performed in order to safety operate the machine.
4. The robot safety circuit must be wired in appropriately per the wiring diagram reference. The I/O wiring expects an external 24V source by default. You can change this setting, so the controller supplies its own 24V source.
5. A robot assembly does not come with a teaching pendant. We recommend for customers to purchase at least 1 large teaching pendant. It is not necessary to purchase a teaching pendant with every robot assembly as they can be run pendantless.
6. DENSO robots are typically programmed through an offline programming software called Wincaps 3. Wincaps 3 is a site license and can be installed on multiple PCs that are located within the same facility.
7. DENSO robots have an array of different programming methods. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about your particular control method:
8. There are many online resources available for DENSO robots.